Thursday, January 9, 2014

Enough!


Luke 1:45 - This is the truth I am resting in today. His word is alive and His promises are true. 

I've been in a storm over the last few months. Let's face it, friends, we're all in one of three camps at any given time. We're either 1) in the middle of a storm 2) coming out on the other side of a storm or 3) waiting for the storm. Even believers are not immune. Storms will come. They will come! The difference for those who believe, is Jesus and the HOPE that He provides. We often cry out in despair asking, "What does all of this mean? Why? Why me?" Well friends, God wants us to turn to Him in our despair. I've been on my knees crying out to Him for several months now. Days have gone by that I've been frustrated, angry, resentful towards others. The storm was swirling overhead; raging in my heart. But, I hung on to HOPE. Others that I thought should have my back during this time; well they didn't. Still, others showed up encouraging me to get in the Word and loving me like Jesus does. It was as if God was standing there right in front of me, saying, "Trust Me." He wants us not just to believe IN Him, but to BELIEVE Him. God sees the depths of our hearts and loves us just the same. Nothing is hidden from Him. He walks with us. He promises that He will never leave us. I knew these to be true.



That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


When I read a friend's post on Facebook a couple of days ago about her own personal storm, I was reminded that my story is important. Our stories are all important. When we are finally coming out on the other side and we're able to look back and see just how God has been working all along (even while He seemed so silent), it is most certainly, a celebration and we should share that. More importantly, I am reminded that God is enough. He is enough. When we put our trust in humans, or things of this world to help get us through, we will almost always end up disappointed. The thing is, we don't need to fight our own battles. They've already been won. He always fights for the good of those who love Him. He whispers to us in the midst of our groanings, "My precious child, I am enough."




Today is a celebration! Love came down and rescued me from my storm. Today, I will boast of my weaknesses. Because in those weaknesses, God's power has been revealed to me. He heals. He makes hearts brand new. Over and over He has proven that His promises are true. The bitterness and resentfulness towards those who disappointed me, it has faded away... Because that's what He can do. He sufficiently provides us with just what we need. The storm may not be completely over yet, but it's stopped raining. I'm standing in gratitude today.  He answers prayers and He is enough. Always. Always.

Song: Listen Here: Kari Jobe - "Healer" 

Right now, I'm dancing around my living room singing out with tears of joy! JESUS, YOU'RE ALL I NEED!

You hold my every moment.
You calm my raging seas.
You walk with me through fire.
You heal all my disease.
I trust in You. I trust in You.

I believe You're my healer.
I believe You are all I need.
I believe it.


I believe You're my portion.
I believe You're more than enough for me.
Jesus, You're all I need.



No comments:

Post a Comment