Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mod Podge Flower Frames in Vase

This idea came from a friend who got it from another blogger so I can't take credit but I made it my own using different colors and scrapbook papers. This one was for my mother-in-law for her desk at work. It holds pictures of her four youngest grandchildren.

I started with unfinished wooden flower frames from Hobby Lobby for about $1.99 a piece (on the wooden letter aisle). I then painted them with acrylics and let them dry for a few minutes. You can go crazy with colors.



I then gathered some pretty coordinating scrapbook paper and cut pedals for the flowers. I simply Mod Podged those onto the wooden frames.



I purchased a small colored vase from Hobby Lobby for about $3.99 and cut burlap ribbon to glue around the middle. Then finished it off by hot gluing some additional flower embellishments. Pick anything you like (buttons, pearls, ribbon).

I uploaded the pictures that I wanted to use to Wal-mart online and had them printed the same day, then cut them to fit. There are four pictures so I had to use two vases. I also added some floral arrangement green foam pieces to the inside of the vases so I could arrange the flowers to fit and hold them in place. Cut a small part of the wooden stem of the flower to stagger them in size.


Voila!
4 little cuties!


No comments:

Post a Comment